Outsourcing HR functions to an external organization has many benefits. here, We have listed some of the greatest benefits of HR outsourcing to help you make informed decisions.
HR outsourcing is an arrangement between an employer and a service provider, whereas the service provider agrees to manage the entire human resource department or a specific HR function for the organization. In this article, we will discuss the importance and benefits of hr outsourcing for businesses.
Often ignored, the HR department deserves a dedicated team to manage certain human resource functions. Every medium to large business understands the criticality of having a dedicated HR person to handle payroll, compliances, benefits, taxes, training & development, hiring and exit, and handling the human factor of the human resource. Businesses these days are getting more serious about employee relations, and retention. Managing everything in-house is taxing. Not every organization can afford a specialist resource for every HR function.
The ultimate solution to your operational headache is outsourcing. It’s not just about the cost. The businesses that outsource want to remain focused on the core business and goal of the organization. Outsourcing administrative functions to an external agency is a blessing to some businesses. Andrew, a silicon valley tech entrepreneur says “initially, I found it challenging and enjoyed every bit of the hiring process. But soon I realized that I wasn’t able to focus on the product development part. It was frustrating and costing us money. Spending hours and juggling through the taxes, documents, legal formalities weren’t my cup of tea. I was almost ready to give up on my dream project. Now I don’t bother myself with the administrative functions, I have outsourced HR, accounting, legal, and everything else except coding.
Partnering with the right hr outsourcing service provider can offer you a plethora of benefits. If you are weighing your options and looking for the pros and cons of HR outsourcing, Here is a comprehensive list of benefits of hr outsourcing.
- Lower Cost: with limited funds and resources at hand, companies are always looking at lowering their operating costs. With outsourcing your HR department to an external hr outsourcing company you save some serious money on infrastructure, salaries, rents, hiring and retention cost, etc. hr outsourcing companies charge a nominal fee of $4-$8 per employee.
- Flexibility: Almost all of my clients ask me what if they change their mind, what if the hr outsourcing company is a misfit, what if they fail to deliver the desired results, and the most important question what if the HR outsourcing not for them. Most HR outsourcing companies offer monthly, quarterly, and yearly packages. On top of that, you are free to choose what you want to outsource and what you want to keep to yourself.
Few HR outsourcing companies also offer short-term trial offers. The ultimate goal of the service providers is to make your life easy.
3. Improved efficiency: The primary goal of the HR outsourcing service is to let you focus on the core business. The outsourcing partner takes care of operational activities on your behalf and lets you work on the more important business functions. Outsourcing administrative functions to external agencies result in improved efficiency and productivity.
4. Improved risk management: Ever-changing federal rules, taxes, policies, and labor laws can pose a greater risk of non-compliance and can result in penalties and fines. It can be very hard for an internal HR to keep a tab on all the changes. HR outsourcing companies keep a close watch on market trends, policy changes, and new rules and regulations.
That means you no longer have to be worried about the compliances and federal law changes.
5. Facilitates robust growth: last but not the least, what happens, when you are more focused, determined, less distracted, efficient, and have more cash at hand? You grow!. Outsourcing administrative & HR functions to an external outsourcing partner can trigger faster and more robust growth.
With these top 5 benefits of hr outsourcing, we leave you with a word of caution. “Choose the right outsourcing partner”. How to find the best outsourcing company largely depends on your needs, budget, and location. We’ll bring you a series of benefits, pros and cons, comparisons, and every other piece of information on HR outsourcing to help you make an informed decision. Stay tuned. Also, don’t forget to leave a message if you have a question about HR outsourcing and its benefits.