When you receive a resignation letter from one of your team members, it becomes customary to respond with a formal resignation acceptance letter. This article will go over many different aspects of writing a perfect resignation acceptance letter.
A formal resignation acceptance letter allows you to acknowledge receipt of the employee’s resignation letter, set separation terms, expectations during the notice period, the employee’s last day of employment, and other post-resignation formalities.
This resignation acceptance letter guide will help you in writing an appropriate resignation acceptance letter in accordance with your company’s HR policies and procedures. We’ve also included some resignation acceptance letter templates and formats for your convenience.
What exactly is a letter of resignation acceptance? And why is it so important to get it right?
“Your resignation has been approved.”
A letter of resignation acceptance allows you, as an employer/manager, to acknowledge receipt of the employee’s resignation letter, express gratitude for his contributions to the organization, set employment separation terms, confirm the employee’s last day of employment, and wish him well in his future endeavors.
During the resignation process, the employee has hundreds of emotions racing through his mind. It is critical to get things right and straight unless you want the employee to feel dejected or to feed wrong impressions.
Here is how to write a letter of resignation acceptance.
A resignation acceptance letter is a formal communication from an employer to an employee. Hence, the letter of resignation acceptance must include all of the elements of a business letter.
- Use a business format: A letter of resignation acceptance, like any other business letter, must be written in a formal letter format.
- Approval of resignation: The letter must state unequivocally that the company has received and accepted the resignation letter, as well as the date of the employee’s last day of employment.
- Mention seperation terms: The letter must include fundamental separation terms such as leave policy during the notice period, expectations, required documents for a smooth transition, handover procedure, and full and final settlement process.
- Express gratitude: You should use this opportunity to thank him or her for his or her service to the company and to wish him or her luck in future endeavours.
Tips for writing a great resignation acceptance letter.
You most likely received the resignation letter via email. You may choose to respond via email or send a printed and signed resignation acceptance letter, depending on your company’s HR policy. Regardless of the mode, you choose to communicate the acceptance, the language, tone, and format of the letter must remain professional.
Here is what you need to write a letter of resignation acceptance.
- Keep it simple & short: He or she may be your favourite employee, or you may wish to discuss several topics in depth; however, you must keep the letter simple, short, and to the point.
- Use formal Language: It is advoisable to use a formal tone and language to write a letter of resignatio acceptance.
- Proofread: I’m sure you double-check your emails and letters before sending them. You must, however, do the same here. Check for every detail and piece of information, including spelling and grammar.
- Offer reference: Offering to write a letter of recommendation or reference letter, which is often overlooked by most employers, can help you cement the bond between you and the departing employee. Offer to write a letter of recommendation for him to help him succeed in future interviews and in his career.
Resignation acceptance letter and email formats
Simple resignation letter sample format
Your resignation from the position of Accounts Manager has been accepted, effective March 1st, 2022. As requested, your last date of employment will be 15th March 2022.
I have no doubt that you will continue to perform to your usual high standards for the remainder of your time with the company.
It has been a pleasure to work with you, and I wish you the best of luck in the future. Also, feel free to let me know if you need a reference.
Team Manager – Accounts
Resignation acceptance letter with immediate effect
I formally acknowledge receipt of your resignation letter on April 10th. Your resignation has been accepted with immediate effect, and your last date of work will be April 11th, as requested.
You are hereby requested to speak to Martha from HR to understand the handover procedures. It has been a wonderful experience working with you, I would like to wish you the very best in all your future endeavors.
Please do not hesitate to contact me or Martha if you have any further questions. Thank you once more for your upbeat attitude and hard work over the years.
All the best,
Resignation acceptance email template
Subject Line: Resignation Acceptance
I’m sorry to hear that you have decided to part ways____________.
This serves as a formal acknowledgment of your resignation. Your last day will be Feb 15th, 2022, as requested. Please keep in touch and let me know if you ever require a recommendation letter.